Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Few Sketches and Moving On...

The two days scheduled to work on my daughter's costume was extended out of necessity. The costume took three days to complete, then there was the two days at the anime convention. It was our first and it was... interesting? different? Not sure what the right word is... unexpected. How about... inappropriate (considering my daughter is only twelve and the average age seemed to be a good bit older). She had a great time hanging with her friends that we went with; for me, it was definitely a learning experience. She entered the costume contest and won the craftsmanship award - sweeeeet! And, I did get a cool idea for a Halloween costume :-).

Whatever else it was, it was a refresher; and I completed the electric guitar painting earlier this week. I'll be taking pictures of it soon to post. Now, it's on to the next painting... I was definitely still in the mood for music paintings, so I sketched out a few ideas; here are a couple...

And sketched out my next music painting on a 30" x 24" canvas...

I'm thinking I may follow it up with two 18" x 36" canvases of the other sketches. Hmmmm...

No comments: